Hampta Pass Trek is considered the easiest and convenient of all treks in Himachal Pradesh. It is the Ingress to the Spiti Valley from Manali Valley. It is a trek that will leave you in awe of this beautiful place. The variation in the trails is enormous; scenic landscapes, open green pastures and meadows, glacial valleys, easy access and an exceptional, adventurous and hair raising crossing of the pass makes this trekking expedition to Hampta pass an exciting one. Chandratal lake located at 14000 feet approx is the main attraction to visit during the trek. The best months to trek are May and June and August through October. The reason why Hampta pass is a famous trekking zone is snow; the pass has lump sum snow even during the summer which draws more trekkers for visit. The expedition consists of approximately 26 kms of trek.
What is included in the tour
What is included in the tour
- Train tickets if you book with train package
- Travel from Delhi to Delhi via volvo
- All Veg Meals from Dinner in Manali to Breakfast on Day 5th in Manali.
- Tented accommodations on triple sharing basis during the trek
- Morning, evening tea served with light snacks while on Trek.
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- The transfer cost from Manali Base Camp to trekking point – Jobra on Day 1
- The transfer cost from Chatru to Chandratal/Manali Base Camp on Day 4 and Day 5
- All fees and permits for Indians are included in the Hampta Pass Trek package.
- Safety Equipment
- Basic First Aid Medical kits with Oxygen cylinder and Oxi Meter.
- Qualified and experienced Leader and support staff.
- Accomodation in manali during acclimitization day will be either in dorms or safari tents as per availability
What is NOT included in the tour
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food during train travel and Delhi to Manali
- 5% GST will be added during checkout
- A minimal 0.99% convenience charge will be applied on UPI transactions and card payments will need a convinience charge of 2.3% which will be applied once you select the razorpay payment method at end of your booking process.
- Spread distantly from lush green Kullu-Manali valley to the barren landscapes of Spiti, Hampta Pass Trek is on every wanderer's bucket-list
- Visit Chandrataal, the 'Lake of the Moon', which is an incredible emerald crescent shaped lake that changes it's colour throughout the day
- Trek through vertical rock walls, glossy grasslands, gurgling streams, silver waterfalls, hanging glaciers and what not
- Witness the beautiful confluence of 3 passes Hampta, Rohtang and Spiti, a surreal treat to the eyes
- Get a chance to explore the distinct Buddhist culture of the inhabitants of Sethan who are original migrants from Tibet and Spiti Valley.
- Take your trains from Pune/Mumbai/Nagpur/Bhopal/Ahmedabad to Delhi
- Reach Delhi by morning later stroll around or rest in the hotel provided for train coming people
- Evening report to Majnu ka Tilla to take our bus to Manali
- We will reach Manali by morning.
- Then you can check in to the camps
- Get your rooms allotted, get refreshed
- Later enjoy local sightseeing visiting Hadimba Devi Temple, The Mall Road Tibetan Monastery, etc.
- Later visit The mall road in the evening and come back to the camps.
- Enjoy dinner
- Overnight stay in camps.
- Wake up in the morning, get refreshed, and have breakfast in the hotel. Later we will check out the hotel and head towards Jobri, which is the starting point of the trek.
- The drive is scenic and 2 hours long. Then we reach the beginning point which is situated beside the AllainGuhugal Hydel Project junction and start the trek. The initial trek is through the pine forest until we reach the Rani river valley. The forest route lasts for around one hour and we arrive on open green land. We descend down and take the route going through the valley. The further route takes 2 hours to reach the Chika campsite. The entire trail is flat and mild uphill and it passes through the valley along the Rani river. We reach our campsite maximum by 4 PM and relax.
- Later, enjoy the sunset at the campsite.
- Dinner and overnight stay in dome tents
- Enjoy the scrumptious breakfast and leave from Chika campsite to Balu ka Ghera.Feel the reality of being in the Himalayan region as you catch the first glimpse of the outer Himalayan chain of mountains as the Dhauladhar ranges begin to appear.Commonly referred to as The White Range, you’ll notice the mighty towers occupy the entire frame with meadows and flower-filled valleys dotted for company.Arrive at Balu ka Ghera and settle down at this base for the day, have lunch, and spend the rest of the time.
- Admire the surreal beauty, losing yourself in an ambiance that will take your breath away. Have your dinner and rest up in the camps at Balu ka Ghera.
- We wake up and start the trek bit early in the morning as today is the most important day of the trek. The trek is divided into two stages. The first stage consists of trekking up to the pass and the second one consists descending to the Sheagoru campsite. The trail up to the pass is full of small and big boulders and is quite steep. We trek at a steady pace and in the zig-zag motion. It takes around 3 hours to reach the pass. We can have our packed lunch there. The pass offers ultra-clear views of Indrasan, Deo Tibba, and Papsura peaks. The Lahaul can be seen on the left side from the pass.
- Later, we start descending through the sharp and steep trail. Mind your step while coming down as the route is narrow and full of scree (loose stones). After finishing the descent, we continue our walk towards the Sheagoru campsite which is around 1 km from there. We reach the campsite by late afternoon. Our camps are pitched near the Sheagoru river. Enjoy the views of the river and the lofty peaks from the campsite. DInner and overnight stay in tents.
- Today's trek is the easiest of all as we have to descend all the way to Chattru. We start by crossing the icy cold Sheagoru river and continue the trek on the right side of the river. After about one hour, we start seeing the road. It takes around 3 hours to reach Chattru. Relax and have lunch at the Chattru campsite. Then we start our drive towards the Chandratal lake if the weather remains good. The drive from Chattru to Chandratal is around 4-5 hours long. We take a stop at Batal, where you can click a photo at the famous Chacha Chachi ka Dhaba. The condition of the roads are too bad and gives the pure essence of the World's Treacherous road. Reach Chandratal and enjoy the beauty of this high altitude alpine lake.
- Chandratal, also called Moon Lake, is situated on the Samudra Tapu plateau in the Spiti valley. Nestled amidst the mountains, at an altitude of 4,290 meters above the sea level, the lake is known for its clear blue waters, magnificent views of CB-12 peak and pristine environment.
- We will reach Manali by afternoon and take a overnight bus to Delhi
- Arrive in Delhi early morning and take your trains and flights back home
- Arrive back home as per your train timings
- Can i add an additional day in Manali
Yes you can add an day with an additional cost after the end of trek.However do let us know prior so that your train booking can be managed likewise
- Which trains will be available from Pune/Mumbai