Kaas Plateau famously called Maharashtra Valley of Flowers. Kaas plateau in Satara is an eco-sensitive place you can see the carpet of flowers after monsoon ends. During monsoon, Kas Pathar flower valley receives hefty rainfall; you can see different flowers throughout the year. Kaas Plateau has become famous for the various shades of the carpet the tiny flowers that grow on the Kas Pathar Satara. UNESCO in June 2012 announced Kaas Plateau as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
One particular Satara Flower Aponogeton Satarensis or Waytura Flower can only be found on Kaas Plateau now listed in endangered species. Kaas Plateau supports 175 species of wildflowers. During our tour, we will see flowers that blossom after the monsoon. Kas Pathar is home to many birds, butterflies, reptiles, wild animals.
The best time to visit Kaas Plateau season 2021 is just after the end of monsoon during September and October. Once in eight years, Karvi Flowers blooms into mas flowering covering the entire Kaas Plateau in shades of Purple Blue and Pink. Kaas Plateau Booking 2021 register in advance as limited passes are available. Kas Pathar images are available in Photogallery and a video explaining the tour.
Sajjangarh Fort was earlier known as Aashwalayangad and was built by the Bahamani Emperors in between 1347-1527 AD. It was later conquered by Adil Sha in 16th century AD. In the same year the Mughals attacked the Sha rulers and brought this fort under their control. The fort then came under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Previously known as Parali Fort, it was renamed to Sajjangad after Shivaji Maharaj requested Sri Ramdas to set up his permanent abode here.
Trekfit – +91 7887412351 / +91 9112000530. Please WhatsApp us if we are not able to pick up your call.
Please send a screenshot of payment on WhatsApp 7887412351.
Social Media links:-
You can pay by Paytm/Gpay/Phone pay app on- 9112000530.
Bank Account details:-
- Trekfit Adventures
- Canara bank current ac no.2829201000323
- IFSC : CNRB0002829
- MSFC, Senapati Bapat road
Please send a screenshot on 9112000530 after booking.
- If Trek gets cancelled due to Police restrictions/any other unforeseen circumstances/natural calamity 40% of the amount will be refunded.Our trek leaders will try conducting some other nearby trek and make your weekend happy.We always try to make your weekend the best one and as per the plan but in this covid time we need to make some changes in the plan.
- If you cancel the trek by your own before 24 hrs of the event ,25% will be cancellation charges.On the spot cancellation/12 hrs before the trek will not be refunded.
- Once booking is done and if you cancel the trek the amount will not be refunded, but you can use the paid amount by attending any other event of trekfit adventures in the next 6 months/pass on your credit to your friend. but for this condition you need to inform us 14 hrs before the trek departure.
Buy/Gift a Subscription membership of Trekfit Adventures if you are planning to do some regular treks with us
- 1.Add Rs 6000 wallet amount with us.
- Get 10% discount on all Sahyadri treks that you book with us.
- 2.Add Rs 10,000 wallet amount
Get 15 % discount on all Sahyadri treks till you use Rs 10,000.
- We also have printed Travel theme tshirts to buy. They are pure cotton tshirts and good quality print tshirts. Cost of 1 Tshirt-Rs 350.
What is included in the tour
- What is included in the tour
- Travel from Pune to Pune by private Non AC bus
- Kaas Entry Tickets
- Team Captains
What is NOT included in the tour
- What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- What makes this tour special
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Witness amazing colours of wildflower blooms and diverse Flora and Fauna
- Sajjangad fort visit
- Hundreds of varities of flowers
- Click your dream pictures in the Kaas valley
- Pickup 1:
- 5.10am: Sb road jw mariott opposite pantaloons mall
- Pickup 2:
- 5.45am: Swarget
- Pickup 3:
- 6.00 am : Katraj bus stop
- 9.00am:Reach Kaas and enjoy the amazing flowering valley explore the kaas lake and other points as it is going to take quiet a time
- 12.00pm:Have authentic veg meal at the hotel
- 2.00pm:Leave towards Ajinkyatara fort
- 3.00pm-5.00pm:Explore the fort and rejoice in its never ending beaty
- 6.00pm:Depart for Pune
- 10.00pm-11.00pm:Reach Pune with loads of memories
Things To Carry
2 liters water
Snacks & amp; biscuits
Extra pair of clothes
Clean napkin or towel
Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
Please carry personal medicines if any
1)What is the significance of the Kaas Pathar?
Kaas pathar, also known as Kaas plateau, is a plateau of a million flowers and has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is home to some rare endemic forms of flowers and sees a riot of colours during the monsoon months.
2)What is the entry fee for Kaas Pathar?
Rs.150/- Per Person
3)Which season is best for kaas?
Kaas Pathar best season to visit is in the monsoon months and winter of Aug-Sept-Oct-Nov.The plateau looks beautiful during the season with lovely colours of Smithia flower and Karvi flowers.
4)What about extra baggage?
You can keep your bags in bus.
5)Are washrooms available on the trek?
Washrooms are available at the base village only. No facility is available during the trek.