Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris looks very much lost in time.
- A beautiful fort in Ahmednagar, which gives you a perfect spot for trekking is on everyone’s bucket list. Ratangad Fort is a historic fort that is at an elevation of 4255 ft. Located in the western ghat, this extraordinary fort is around 23 km from Bhandardara.
- Ratangad trek is an easy to moderate level trek. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the Ratangad fort. You will have a stimulating trekking experience, and it will energize your entire mind and body. There are many routes for trekking to the Ratangad fort, and the most popular is the route from Ratanwadi village. While trekking, you will come across various caves, which visitors use for camping. You can sit with your group inside the caves and enjoy the local food.
- When you reach the final destination which is the Ratangad fort, you will see a mesmerizing beauty from the top. You can witness a 360-degree panoramic view of several mountains. You can view the scenic beauty of all the mighty mountains and forts like Alang, Madan, Kulang, Harishchandragad, and many more. Not only this but there is an astonishing view of the Bhandardara lake which will be a treat for your eyes. You can view the mesmerizing cliff in front of you as you walk at the edge of the fort.
- You can have an uninterrupted view of the Sahyadri mountains. The splendid and gradual sunset is a major attraction here. You can also feel the strong wind everywhere which will rejuvenate your mind and soul.
- In monsoons, there is fresh greenery everywhere surrounding the fort and the trek area. Climbing the hill amidst the lush greenery is surreal. You can also witness the gorgeous waterfalls while trekking.
- In winters, the dense forest is filled with fog, and you can also view the vagrant white running clouds. There are also various flowers seen in the winter.
- If you want to have an adventurous trip and spend time in the lap of nature, then you should experience the Ratangad fort trek.
- Ratangad Height: 1296m (4255ft)
- Ratangad Trail: Combination of forest trail and iron ladders.
- Ratangad Trek Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Ratangad Trek Endurance: Medium to High
- Ratangad Trek Length: Approx. 6 km
- Ratangad Trek Location: Ratanwadi, Maharashtra 415407
- Ratangad Trek Best Time: June to February
- Ratangad Distance from Mumbai: 178 km
- Ratangad Distance from Pune: 175 km
*COST – 1300/-*
- 9.00 pm: Pickup from SB road JW Mariott hotel opposite pantaloons mall
- 9:45.00pm:Pickup from Nasik phata
- 04:00 AM: Reach Base village- Samrad Base village
- 04:30 AM: Get freshen up
- 06:00 AM: Have breakfast
- 06:30 AM: Post briefing and instructions start trek to Ratangad Fort
- 09:30 AM: Reach the top. Explore the fort, enjoy the view, do photography,
- 11:00 PM: Start descending to the ratnwadi base village
- 03:00 PM: Reach base village and have lunch (Veg Thali)
- 05:30 PM: Start return journey to Pune
- 10:00 PM: Reach Pune
Things to do Near Ratangad:
- Kalsubai peak: The highest peak of the Sahyadri range which is visible from the Ratangad fort is the best place for you to visit. This place has a lot to offer, from beautiful views to adventurous trekking experiences to waterfalls during the trek. It is a must-visit place near Ratangad.
- Bhandardara: Bhandardara is a popular hill station in Igatpuri and is around 190 km from Mumbai. This place has lush greenery everywhere. It is a perfect place for you to chill and have a relaxing day. There are even many places for you to visit such as Arthur lake, waterfalls, etc.
- Amruteshwar Temple: It is a very beautiful temple carved of stones. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Amruteshwar temple is located in Ratanwadi village. People visit this place to view the beautiful temple and its ancient beauty.
Things to carry:
(Highly Required and Mandatory Things)
- ID proof
- backpack (waterproof or covered with waterproof cover)
- trekking shoes or any sports shoes with a Good grip
- Trekking pants (compulsory), 2 T-Shirts (Preferably full sleeves or Half T-shirt with sleeves), Raincoat/ waterproof jacket/ windcheater, Handnapkin/Towel, etc
- Water 2-3 liters.
- Ready-to-eat food like plum cakes, Dry fruits, dry snacks and biscuits, Chikki, chocolate bars, etc.
- Personal Medicines and Personal First aid
(Required but Optional Things)
- To change after trekking – Facewash, Extra pants/ shorts, Extra T-shirt, sleeper/ floaters, an extra bag to carry your trekking shoes, innerwear, etc
- Sweater For bus journey
- Electoral or Glucose D powder.
- Portable Phone Charger, Earphones, etc.
- Sun protection cap, sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion, toothbrush-toothpaste, etc
- Proper face mask or shield
- Extra Pair of clothes.
(Note: Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant, this will protect your body and skin from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles, etc)
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Pune to Pune via private vehicle
- Local Guided
Trekfit Trek Leader
- First Aide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bisleri or drinking water
- Anything not mentioned above
What makes this tour special-
- Trek to Jewel fort Rantangad
- Panaromic views of AMK and ajoba mountains
- Magical trail of Sandhan valley
- Amazing monsoon views