One Day Trek to Devkund waterfall From Pune
About Devkund Waterfalls :-
Devkund Waterfall trek is located in Bhira Patnus and since it went viral on social media, it has become extremely crowded and dangerous place. Several lives have been lost while amateurs try to visit this place on their own. It is the confluence of three waterfalls and is said to be the origin of Kundalika River. It is about a three-hour trek from base village along the dam backwater and through forest to reach this place known as ‘Devkund’. A major part of the trek goes through some semi-dried forests with the river running parallel and sometimes crisscrossing through the route. A guide is required to be taken during the trek as there is dense forest all around.
Devkund Waterfall it is a confluence of three waterfalls. This mystical waterfall also has a mythological significance and is revered as sacred by the locals who live there.
It is believed that the Kundalika river originates at Devkund. Though there isn’t much history associated with the falls, locals here believe that once upon a time utensils used to emerge from the Kund (pond) whenever there was any auspicious ceremony happening in the local village.
Devkund, also known as the “Bathing Pond of Gods”, this mystical fall also holds mythological significance and is considered sacred by locals. Some of the beautiful treks like Tamhini Ghats, Andharban, etc fall under this area.
The Devkund Waterfall trek distance is about 5-6 Km on one side. It involves moderate trekking of 4 hours with an easy difficulty level.
- Devkund Waterfall Height : -550 ft.
- Devkund waterfall location-Near Bhira Dam
- Devkund Waterfalls Trail: Waterfalls trail
- Devkund Waterfalls Difficulty: Easy
- Devkund Waterfalls Length: Approx. 5 km
- Devkund Waterfalls Trek Location: Patnus Village
- Devkund Waterfalls Best Time: June to January
- Devkund Waterfalls Distance from Pune : 110 km
- Devkund Waterfalls Distance from Mumbai : 170 km
Level-Medium (2.5 – 3-4 hrs. trekking one way)
Beginners can do this trek.
There are no difficult trails/rock patches. Its a simple trek and can be completed by everyone.
This is an offbeat trek and hence better to do with expert leaders of Trekfit.
(Batch 01) EVERY SATURDAY MORNING .
Sep – 2nd , 9th , 16th , 23rd , 30th Sep
(Batch 02) EVERY SUNDAY MORNING.
Sep – 3rd , 10th , 17th , 24th September
What is included in the tour
- Private bus Travel(Non ac buses)
- Breakfast and tea
- First aid
- Fun games during the bus journey
- Local Guide charges
- Entry charges
- Expertise from our team.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Easy trek through dense forest, which brings you to the base of Devkund waterfall
- Option to camp along the waters of the Bhira reservoir
- 5:00 AM: Report near Livspace mall, Senapati Bapat road (Opposite to JW Marriot signal)You can park your bikes near the mall/ near P1 and P2 parking boards on the same road .
- 5:45AM:Sukhwani Petril Pump Wakad
- 5:50 AM: Pickups from XION MALL HINJEWADI.
- 8:30 :Enroute Breakfast & Reach base village.
- 9:00Am: Start Our trek
- 11:00-1:00 : Relax and enjoy at the waterfalls
- 1:00AM :- Start descending via the same route
- 1:00PM to 3:00 : Reach Base Village
- 3:00 to 4:00-: Have Lunch and depart for Pune
- 5:00 PM TO 10:00 PM: reach back to Pune
- (1-2 hrs. delay is possible on the speed of trekkers. traffic on the road)
- Pickup points:- Sb road,Sukhwani Petrol Pump Wakad, Shivaji Chowk Phase 1 hinjewadi.
(Hadapsar pickup point available on extra cost 100/- Min 8 people)
What is the difficulty level of the Devkund Waterfall Trek?
The Devkund Trek is one of the most charming one-day treks in Maharashtra. It roughly takes 3 hours to complete. Its difficulty level ranges from easy to medium and can be easily done by beginners as well. As professional trekkers.
What is the best time to go for Devkund Trek?
Devkund Trek is a year-round destination attracting an influx of tourists for being a perfect weekend getaway.
The best time to visit this place is during the monsoon when the whole place becomes beautiful, bountiful, and green. The weather is pleasant and the climate is perfect for a trek.
The rainfall is at its peak in July and August. The trek may get closed due to heavy rainfall during these months.
What is the batch size usually of Devkund Waterfall Trek?
Usually, the batch size of this trek is between 10-12 people. This comprises men, women, and children. We do not prefer to exceed this as it might cause chaos. We believe in giving attention to each of our travelers, so we stick to the number.
Is Devkund Waterfall Trek safe?
The trekking trail to Tamhini Ghat Devkund waterfall is safe for solo female travelers and solo travelers traveling with treks and trails.
What is the climate in Devkund Waterfall?
Summers are hot and humid, and the temperature touches 40 degrees Celsius. Winters have a comparatively milder climate (around 28 degrees Celsius), and the weather remains Cool and Dry. Tourists can visit amusing places such as Ghangad Fort, Devkund waterfall, Bhira Dam. Tourists can also camp near Bhira Reservoir.
Can we smoke or drink alcohol during Devkund Waterfall Fort Trek?
Drinking or smoking is prohibited during the trek. Anyone found doing so will be barred from joining us for the trekking expedition and will be asked to leave the site immediately. No refund is applicable during this condition.
Can we swim in Devkund Waterfall?
About 130 Km from Mumbai & 100 from Pune, Devkund waterfall is a perfect spot to go for a short trip to dive into natural pool of water!