Vasota Jungle trek and lake side camping, Vasota fort Jungle trek and lake side camping, vasota trek camping site Bamnoli maharashtra.
Vasota also know as VyaghraGad is famous for its dense jungle route surrounded with Tiger reserve area in Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary. A 1.5 hrs boat rides will also accompany you in the trek to reach the Vasota base from where the trek starts. Vasota trek is definitely a must experience jungle trek in Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary.
Vasota is the most popular Jungle trek in Maharashtra. Located deep within the Koyna Wild Life sanctuary, the only way to reach the base of Vasota is by a boat from Tapola or Bamnoli. Vasota is a fort Situated in a dense forest surrounded by a river situated on the banks of the Shivsagar dam
3841ft (1171 m)
Best Time to Visit
June to Feb
Vasota Trek Distance
Things to carry :- (Few things in the list are optional)
- Please wear full pants and full sleeves T-shirts to protect from tanning, thorns, insects in the jungle
- Snacks(Energy bars, Chikki, Biscuits, Sprouts, Chips, Dry fruits)
- Glaucon D/Protein shakes/Gatorade/ORS
- Carry extra pair of clothes which we can change after completion of the trek.
- 2/3 liters water. Shortage of water is faced during treks so please carry enough water.(Mandatory)
- Any personal medicine and personal first aid(Mandatory)
- Good grip trekking shoes (Mandatory)
- One day backpack/rucksack of 30 liters (Mandatory
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Rains are expected so please carry a rain cover /Jacket and cover your phones also in a plastic cover.
- Don’t bring any expensive and not required items during treks. Trekfit wont be responsible for any loss of phone/valuable item.
- Good torch with an extra battery if you have planned a night trek.
What is included in the tour
- Private bus Travel(Non ac buses)
- Breakfast and tea
- First aid
- Fun games during the bus journey
- Local Guide charges
- Entry charges
- Expertise from our team.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Trekfit Fun Games during the bus journey
- Best videos and pics during the trek
- We make friends first then customers
- Lingya Ghat is a beginner friendly trek for all
- Best one to do in monsoon
- Nearest to Pune city
- 7:30pm-Xion mall , hinjewadi
- 8:00pm- BMCC Deccan
- 8:45pm:VRL Office Navle Bridge
- 12:00:am- Reach the base village, comfort yourself in tents, and chill.
- 6:00am-Have Breakfast and leave for the trek.
- 8:30am-Enjoy boating with mesmerizing sunrise, mountains in the backdrop(boat ride-1½ hour)
- 10:00 am - Reach tapola base
- 10:30am-Reach at the village and start trek
- 12:00 pm-Leave for Vasota fort.
- 2:00 pm-Enjoy the massive built fort, explore.
- 2:30 pm- Enjoy picnic brunch (package lunch will be served)
- 4:00pm-Rush near the boat and start the reverse journey.
- 5:30 pm- Reach Bamnouli
- 11:00 pm- Reach Pune with hundreds of memory.
1) How difficult is Vasota Trek?
Is the trek to Vasota difficult? The difficulty level of this hike is moderate. It will take approximately three hours to reach the top of the fort and requires a lot of walking.
2) What is the altitude of Vasota trek?
Also known as Vyaghragad, Vasota Fort is the part of Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary and is one of the most popular jungle treks in and around Maharashtra. Standing at an elevation of around 3800 feet, Vasota offers awe-inspiring views of the Koyna backwaters and the wildlife sanctuary.
3) How much does it cost to go to Vasota by boat?
1 to 1.5 hrs boat ride from Bamnoli, in the SHIVSAGAR LAKE water will take you the fort base to start your trek.
4) How long is the Vasota trek?
Trekkers follow a forest trail to reach the top hill where Vasota Fort is situated. Vasota fort trek distance from the base village to the Fort is approximately 11 km.
5) Which river is near Vasota Fort?
Situated in dense forests surrounded by river Koyna is the fort of Vasota, which according to the 'Dnyaneshwari' means a resting place.
6) Which district is Vasota in?
The Maharashtra tour guides proclaim the Vasota Fort as one of the main tourism attraction that gives an insight into the history and heritage of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The fort is also known as Nandugad and located in the Satara district in the state of Maharashtra.
7) What animals are in the Vasota fort?
Other fauna includes sambars, gaurs, barking deers, pythons, cobra and Indian giant squirrels. Perched at a height of 3700 feet above sea level, Vasota offers panoramic view of the surroundings.