Kalavantin Durg is a 2,250 ft high summit located in the Western Ghats, near the Prabalgad fort in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, India. It is also known as Kelve Teen, Kalavantin icha Sulka, or Kalavantin Pinnacle; alternative transliterations include Kalawantin, Kalavati, and Kalavanti.
Height : – 2250 ft
Area – Near Panvel
Trail : Fort trail
Difficulty : Modrate
Length : Approx. 5 km
Trek Location : Panvel
Best Time : Hole Year
Distance from Pune : 90 km
Distance from Mumbai : 70 km
Kalavantin Durg trek One Day from Pune
Departure : 06:00 am on the Sunday.
Arrival :- 09:00 pm on the sunday
Meeting Place – 1st pickup point Senapati Bapat Road, Opp J W Marriott hotel, Near Live Space Mall.
2nd pickup point Wakad at 06:30
Level -Medium (2.5 – 3 hrs. trekking one way)
Beginners can do this trek.
There are no difficult trails/rock patches. Its a simple trek and can be completed by everyone.
This is an offbeat trek and hence better to do with expert leaders of Trekfit .
Sunday batches only.
- 9th Sep
- 16th Sep
- 23rd Sep
- 30th Sep
Why book with Trekfit Adventures?
- We have organized more than 1000+ treks in Sahyadri’s in past 4 years.
- We have a dedicated team of leaders and volunteers who will first give priority towards your safety.
- The fun during the bus journey, introduction of all members and the networking of all members that takes place is what we are known for.
- You will definitely have an amazing, memorable experience of trek with Trekfit Adventures. You can check our google reviews too.
- Once you book the trek with us you are a part of Trekfit family and be rest assured for long term relationship for all travel journeys.
Things to carry :-(Few things in the list are optional)
- Please wear full pants and full sleeves t-shirts to protect from tanning, thorns, insects in the jungle
- Snacks(Energy bars, Chikki, Biscuits, Sprouts, Chips, Dry fruits)
- Glucon D/Protein shakes/Gatorade/ORS
- Carry extra pair of clothes which we can change after completion of the trek.
- 2/3 liters water. Shortage of water is faced during treks so please carry enough water.(Mandatory)
- Any personal medicine and personal first aid(Mandatory)
- Good grip trekking shoes (Mandatory)
- One day backpack/rucksack of 30 litres(Mandatory)
- Suncap and Sunscreen
- Rains are expected so please carry a raincover /Jacket and cover your phones also in a plastic cover.
- Don’t bring any expensive and not required items during treks. Trekfit wont be responsible for any loss of phone/valuable item.
- Good torch with an extra battery if you have planned a night trek.
What is included in the tour
- Private bus Travel(Non ac buses)
- Breakfast and tea
- First aid
- Fun games during the bus journey
- Local Guide charges
- Entry charges
- Expertise from our team.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Things to see at Kalavantin:
1. Majestic view of Prabalgad from top of Kalavantin
2. Beautiful view of Western Ghats from peak of Kalavantin
3. Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Statue on the Pinnacle
06:00 AM : Report near Livspace mall, Senapati Bapat road (Opposite to JW Marriot signal)
You can park your bikes near the mall/ near P1 AND P2 parking boards on the same road .
06:30 PM : Pickups from Sukhwani Petrol Pump Wakad Bridge
9:30AM : Reach base village and have a breakfast.
10:00 AM : Start our trek to the prabamalchi
12:00 AM : Reach Kalavantin Durg prabamalchi
12:00 pm – 2:00pm:-PM: Relax and enjoy at the Pinnacle.
02:00 PM : Start descending via the same route
04:30 PM : Reach Base Village & Have Lunch
05:30 PM : depart for Pune
08:30 PM : reach back to Pune
(1-2 hrs. delay is possible on the speed of trekkers, traffic on the road)