Meghalaya is unquestionably one of our favorite places. Meghalaya, situated in the hills of the eastern sub-Himalayas, is one of India’s most beautiful states. Meghalaya is located halfway between heaven and earth. The climate in Meghalaya is tropical. Meghalaya welcomes you with a breathtaking array of sights and experiences, including steamy jungles and spellbinding cliffs, rushing rivers, unique cultures, delectable cuisines, windswept highlands, and lush, verdant valleys. The winter months of October to March are ideal for a visit. Meghalaya’s unforgettable landscapes will stay with you long after your journey is over.
So hop in and find out more about this trip.
2 People Cost
|20,000/- per person for 2 People|
|3 People Cost||15,000/- per person for 3 People|
|4 People Cost||
16,200/- per person for 4 People
Please note that at any given point of time if the event has participants count which is 6 or less in number the event might get automatically converted into a customised one, i.e there shall be a local representative from Trekfit that will greet you directly at the starting point.
What is included in the tour
- Guwahati to Guwahati transportation via NON AC car/SUV/Tempo traveler as per batch size.
- Accommodation 3/4 sharing basis
- Boating & cliff jumping with safety gear in Dawki river.
- Entry fees.
- First Aid.
- Local Guide
- Certified Organizers.
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST
- Checking into the hotel early.
- Any Meals . (restaurants are available at the property you can buy food there)
- Zip-Lining charges at Mawkdok.
- Bike fuel in case you opted for a bike
- Anything which is not mentioned under Inclusions.
- Any kind of personal expenses, optional tours, insurance, laundry.
- Costs incidental to any changes in the itinerary due to bad weather or natural calamities which is beyond our control.
Meghalaya, also known as the Abode of Clouds, falls in one of the richest biodiversity areas in the world. The famed monsoons, the rich traditional festivals, and the dramatic terrain are just some of the many things this state is famous for.
The Nartiang Durga Temple in Meghalaya is one of the 51 Shakti peethas on Earth and is considered by Hindus of Meghalaya as the permanent abode of Goddess Durga.
Day 1: Guwahati Airport – Umiam Lake View Point – Mawkdok Valley
- Report at Guwahati airport before 10:00 AM.
Note 1 – In case you’re gonna reach Guwahati anytime earlier than the trip starting day, our team will be happy to help you out with suggestions for good stays,
places to visit around, and any other doubts you might have.
Note 2 – Pick up from your stay location or the nearest location shall be arranged if it falls in the same route.
Note 3 – Please freshen up & have your breakfast before 10:00 AM itself. The food court is available at just a minute’s distance once you come outside the airport.
- Else, several restaurants are available at a distance of a kilometer on the way to VIP Chowk from the airport exit. You can keep the luggage inside our vehicle and head there. Once started vehicle will not halt for breakfast on the way.
- We will start at the airport at 10:10 AM. So today we are traveling from the southernmost part of Assam to almost close to the Indo-Bangla border. This journey is gonna be the longest of all days. Just after an hour, as you get into the vehicle be ready to witness SIX route intersections between the states of Assam & Meghalaya. Yes! You will be crisscrossing the two states around 6 times as the route leads.
- The route undergoes the transition from the bustle of a typical city to a highway surrounded by green hills & clouds to thin roads through the small villages & green landscapes eventually.
- By the time we are about to reach the Mawkdok valley, you will experience the transition in temperature as well, going from typical hot winds of around 30 degrees Celcius of Guwahati to chiller winds of around 15 degrees Celsius in Mawkdok. It will take us between 4 to 5 Hr to reach the Mawdok Valley. On the way, we shall halt at Umiam lake viewpoint; grab few bites of juicy pineapples while seeing a picturesque sight of the lake.
- It will be around 02:00 PM when we reach Mawkdok Valley; although the weather might give you sweet surprises one after another like fog followed by rains followed by bright sunny rays! Here, get ready for an adrenaline rush! East India’s longest Zip-Line it is! The total length of the zip-line is 2600 ft & the maximum depth is 1200 ft. It makes for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The instructors are trained technically and certified; they give pre-instructions to get your posture right & boost your confidence.
- Post this, we’ll have our lunch in the nearby café & visit a small waterfall in the vicinity. It’s the same waterfall that you’ve seen while doing the zip-lining through the valley by this time.
- Then we will head to stay. It takes hardly an hour from here to reach the stay.
- Today’s stay is one of our team’s favorite stays! It’s a group of bamboo huts clubbed on a tiny hill in the remote areas of East Khasi hills.
- The local Khasis who will be serving the dinner to you are one of those simple & lovely people who are a bit shy & naive.
- You can use your skills in simple Hindi & English to interact with them to know more about their culture
Day 2 : Pynursla – Krangshuri Waterfall – Dawki River – Pynursla
- Total journey: 115 Km
- Estimated travel time: 4 Hr
- Activities: Swimming, Boating, Cliff jumping
- Places: Krang Shuri waterfall, Dawki river, Indo-Bangla border in water & on land
- Stay: Bamboo Huts in Pynursla
Day 3: Pynursla- Mawryngkhang – Cherrapunjee
- Total journey: 110 Km
- Estimated travel time: 5 Hr
- Highlights: Mawryngkhang Bamboo Trek, Natural water pool, Wei Sawdong waterfall
- Activities: Trekking, Swimming
- Trek Time:
1. Mawryngkhang Bamboo Trek – Approx. 3-4 Hr up & down
2. Hike to Wei Sawdong Waterfall – Approx. 15 Min one way
- Stay: Jungle resort in Cherrapunjee
Day 4 : Cherrapunjee – Tyrna – Nongriat – Cherrapunjee (25 Km)
- Total journey: 15 Km
- Estimated travel time: 1 Hr
- Activities: Trekking, Swimming
- Highlights: Double Decker Root Bridge (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Suspension Bridges, Living Root Bridges, Natural Pools, Rainbow Waterfall
- Trek Distance: 4.5 Km (One way), Trek Time: 4-6 Hr
- Stay: Jungle resort in Cherrapunjee
- Note 1 – Today as well, you need not carry all your luggage. Just carry your daypack along with one extra pair of clothing.
- Note 2 – Do wear a quick-dry pair of clothes & shoes right from the morning. Make sure you carry plenty of water & healthy snacks like energy bars, fruits, beverages like lemon juice/ fruit juices/ ORS which provide instant sugars to your body.
- Today is all about the longest & most rewarding hike of this trip! So it starts from Tyrna village – to the Double-decker root bridge – to the Rainbow waterfall in the end. The total distance is 9 km to & fro. The hike involves descending around 3500 steps to enter the valley, then ascending a hill & a traverse towards the right to reach the Rainbow waterfall. This hike unlike the Bamboo trek is quite popularised & hence you will find a bunch of shops after every 500-600 meter. The route goes through a lush green forest all around & you will come across azure blue water pools on the way.
- The double-decker root bridge is a wonderful sight to behold! It is said to be around 200 years old. From Tyrna, it takes around 1 hrs & 15 minutes to reach here. On the way, we cross suspension bridges. We will have breakfast here. Post that, we head to Rainbow waterfall.
- It will amaze your mind to see the roots of trees entwined into each other across long long lengths & holding up the weight of a bunch of us human beings. Apart from the double-decker bridge, you will come across the living roots once or twice more. Keep your eyes awake & wide!
- After 4.5 km, we will reach the Rainbow waterfall, the sound of which falls onto your ears from around 100 meters behind. And the adventurous kid in you won’t stop but run towards it! That sight is what is wholly rewarding. And swimming into those azure blue waters is just beyond words!
- We shall spend a plentiful time here.
- We come back the same way. On the way back we will have lunch. While climbing back those steps from the Double-decker bridge till Tyrna you will certainly be pushing yourself! And that’s what pushes you to learn about yourself too!
Day 5 : Cherrapunjee – Nohkalikai Waterfalls – Guwahati Airport
- Total journey: 190 Km
- Estimated travel time: 7 Hr
- Places: Nohkalikai waterfall viewpoint
- Detailed Itinerary:
- Today is the last day of the trip. We shall visit the Nohkalikali waterfall viewpoint on the way.
- This day also acts as a buffer day. In cases where any places are missed, they can be covered today.
- You can plan your return journey after 06:00 PM from Guwahati Airport.
Guwhati to Guwhati - 13,499/- Tripple sharing
For Couple room 1000 extra per night
- Payment options:-
You can pay by Paytm/Gpay/Phone pay app on- 9112000530.
Bank Account details:-
- Trekfit Adventures
- Canara bank current ac no.2829201000323
- Ifsc : CNRB0002829
- MSFC, Senapati bapat road
Please send a screenshot on 9112000530 after booking.